No So Fast…..
Mike Meshad called us to say that the UAB neurosurgeon now says he wants to see Gorman before he restarts the Avastin infusions. They act as if we live across town and not across the state. So I called Dr. Markert’s nurse practioner and sure enough, despite getting weekly lab work on Gorman, he wants to see his incision just to make sure there is no need of surgery. I told her that the incision has healed nicely and there has been no leakage in weeks but, of course, they won’t take my word for it. Rather than making a trip to Birminigham next week and then another one on July 8, Gorman and I decided we would just delay the Avastin until after July 8. Surely 19 days won’t make a huge difference and Dr. Meshad agreed.
In dealing with the medical world, patience and forbearance are helpful qualities to develop.